Major duties and responsibilities
The Office of the Vice President is accountable to the President with responsibilities for leading, coordinating and facilitating the College’s academic, research and administrative process.
The Major tasks of Vice President Office are to:
- Lead, coordinate and oversee responsibilities for development and management of Campuses; academic programs in regular, extension and distance divisions; teaching and learning support; academic and administrative staff affairs; office of the registrar; library; ICT development and support directorate; Research and Community Service Office; Quality assurance Office; Administrative and Finance Office.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of plans, policies, rules and guidelines governing academic programs, academic and technical staff, and students;
- Ensure the employment and promotion of academic and administrative staff is consistent with the College’s rules and procedures;
- Coordinate and set context for the College’s various Campuses, programs, and services to maintain broad and coherent institutional perspective;
- Develop and implement the institutional-level planning initiatives that are essential to the strategic positioning of the College;
- Coordinate periodic academic program reviews and work with Campuses and Academic units in the review, study, and development of curriculum and in the improvement of instruction;
- Establish and facilitate collaboration with industries and other institutions in pursuit of the College’s vision and mission;
- Support and ensure the programs of study;
- Ensure the College’s strategic and operational plans are in place for Campuses and reporting units, monitoring and supporting best practices, monitoring performances, and promoting positive relations internally and externally;
- Formulate research strategies and performance indicators, appropriate policies and procedures necessary to ensure successful implementation of the research community service vision of the College;
- Formulate research strategies and performance indicators, appropriate policies and procedures necessary to ensure successful implementation of the research vision of the College;
- Establish a system of research and outreach service management for the College
- The vice-president advise, assist and support the president in the exercise of his responsibilities;
- The Vice President Exercise the responsibilities the president may entrust to him.
PiassaCampus around St. George Church/Head Office Building/
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia