The Main campus of Addis Ababa Medical and Business College was established in 2004 with a few undergraduate and TVET programs. Currently the campus has accredited with a number of post graduate, under graduate and TVET programs at health, business and technology faculties.
The academic commission is the highest governing body of the campus in all academic matters. Some duties and powers of the academic commission are
- To consider matters of academic interest either on its own initiative or at the instance of the Senate or these proposed by the departments / and to take proper action thereon;
- To exercise general supervision over the academic work of the Campus and to give direction regarding methods of instruction, evaluation, and improvements in academic standards;
- To prescribe courses of study leading to degrees and diplomas of the campus and recommend eligible prospective graduate to the college’s senate.
- Establish different ad-hoc committee. Such as quality enhancement committee, research committee, exam committee, social affairs committee etc.
- To determine the curriculum of the subjects to be studied, research and training under the Campus and to evaluate educational academic and research activities of the campus.
- To maintain proper standards of the examinations;
- To recognize diplomas and degrees of other Institutions and to determine equivalence with the diplomas and degrees of the institutions.
- To suggest measures for departmental co-ordination;
- To evaluate the academic programs of the students
- To determine the standard of teaching and research
- To give opinion and advice to the senate on academic matters
The following are members of the Campus academic commission.
|S.No||Academic Commission Members||Remark|
|1||Academic Dean||Chair Person|
|2||Head, Campus Registrar||Secretary|
|4||Head, Campus Quality Assurance Office||Member|
|5||Students Dean for Campus||Member|
|6||Head, Campus Research and Community service office||Member|
|7||Two Students from Students Council||Member|
|8||Head, Campus Library||Member|
|9||Head, Campus ICT coordinator||Member|
Facilities at Main Campus
|3.||Post Graduate Library||01|
|4.||Health demonstration centers||04||Nursing, Midwife, Pharmacy, Public Health and Med.Lab.|
|5.||Business demonstration centers||02|
|6.||Under graduate computer Lab||02|
|7.||Post Graduate Computer Lab||01|
|8.||Undergraduate Lecture rooms||18|
|9.||Post Graduate Lecture rooms||08|
Contact Name: Sisay Alemayehu – Main Campus/Piassa Campus/ Academic Dean
Phone Number: +251-111-560005 (office)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Giorgis Area Piassa , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia